Friday, April 1, 2011

Response Vignette!

I am responding to Sam Everret's and Ebone Quall's post.
As I read through these two blogs. I noticed that they both dedicated a small vignette to their urge of graduating and attending Asti. They had similar reasons for leaving their schools. One of them was the fact that they just really couldn't take some of the people. Another was not being able to be who they are without being judged.
One quote that I came across from Sam's vignette was
"I was so tired of trying to blend in and be unsuccessful, it was time to do something that would set me apart."
This quote tells me that at his school he couldn't truly bring out his inner Sam and show his true intellectual. He would rather fit in among his peers then excel at school I'm guessing. He was excited to join asti because he probably knew that right there, he wouldn't have to worry about being judged for acting like himself and doing his work. At asti everyone is a nerd and very tolerant and open-minded.

A quote that I got from Ebone's vignette was
"...somehow made it through hell in 7th and 8th, and got accepted into the school
of my dreams. I had done it, ASTI here I come and you best as hell get
ready for me.
"

This quote shows how she didn't like her 7th and 8th grade experience at all and was anxious to leave. She probably thought that asti was more of her enviroment because she knew more people there and she probably thought that the people there would be more friendly. She was completely correct because we love her and accept her through the thick and thin.
Well that's one pattern I noticed between those two vignettes. I noticed that they both wanted to be in asti and I hope that they don't regret attending here and that there mind-set about it, is still the same as before.

No comments:

Post a Comment